If you have an old favorite rug at home or in your office space that acts as a large area rug and it serves to protect your floors, keeps your feet warm, and adds style, color, and texture to the room, then that must mean that you are great at picking out rugs! However, rugs age and certainly do not last forever, so we'll be reviewing the tips on how to tell whether you need a new rug to replace your favorite old one... and in the meantime when you begin shopping for a new one, be sure to take a look at the various rugs we offer including traditional, transitional, contemporary, antique, tribal, shag, and kilim. We offer a large variety so that you are able to find the perfect rug for your space and unique taste.
Signs it's time to replace your old rug
- There are many stains on the rug's surface that take away from it's pattern, beauty, and overall aesthetic appearance
- The colors and patterns are fading
- It has developed an abundance of wear and tear over the years and the damage is visible
- It has a bad smell (probably from built-up moisture), especially if the rug is in your kitchen or bathroom space
- Your allergies seem to act up when you walk on or near it
- Your pets have gone to the bathroom on it once too many times
- The carpet padding has worn down significantly
- It is just old and has been around for many years (or you may just be sick of it in general and are ready for something fresh and new to spruce up your space once again)
As you can now see, there are many things you can look for to determine whether you space needs a rug upgrade and replacement. These are some important signs to look for when you are thinking of buying a new rug for your space, and in the case of your area rug having bad odors or making your allergies act up, we recommend replacing the rug as soon as possible because there is most likely built-up moisture living in the fibers of the rug where mold accumulates and can potentially cause health issues.
If you have any further questions regrading this information on knowing when is the right time to replace your old rug, the rugs we offer, or our prices, please do not hesitate to contact us! We look forward to speaking with you soon.