If you have an indoor/outdoor rug that seems to have had it's day and is looking old and dirty, then it may be time to give it a good cleaning. However, you may be wondering what exactly is the best way to clean an indoor/outdoor rug. We have all the tips for you to get your rug looking good as new!
Tips for cleaning indoor/outdoor rugs
- You will first need various materials to prepare for the job, you'll be sure to need: water, cloth, detergent, a brush, maybe some club soda, and a broom
- Do your spot cleaning first (this is where club soda can be useful)
- Rinse the rug off and let it dry naturally after the spot cleaning process is completely finished
- Thoroughly vacuum the rug to rid it of any leftover dirt and/or debris (this can also reduce the buildup of mold or mildew)
- Sweep both the top and the bottom of the rug to prevent dust from sticking to either surface
- If your rug has noticeable and stubborn stains, you can treat the fibers of the rug with substances such as white vinegar and/or diluted bleach which should sit on the tough stains from anywhere between 20 to 30 minutes before vigorously rubbing the stains out with a scrub brush (this will also kill any harmful bacteria growth on the rug)
- For the main cleaning process of the rug, be sure to use detergent and warm water
- Thoroughly rinse the rug on both sides after washing with soap to ensure there are no suds left behind
- Allow plenty of time for the rug to dry in open air and you'll have a very clean rug once again that will look as good as new
Now that you have a solid list of tips and tricks to use for the next time you need to clean your dirty old rug, we hope the cleaning process is simple for you! And don't worry, if the job is too big, we'll be happy to step in and help. We at Woven Passion also offer repairs and restoration, rentals, and appraisals of rugs as well. Let us know what you need.
If you have any further questions regarding rug cleaning best practices, the materials you need, our services, or our pricing, please do not hesitate to reach out to us! We look forward to hearing from you.